Jun 23, 2008

The Weekend Report

Highlights of my weekend:

Kung Fu Panda - Very nice. I'm not regretting not going to see Justin Timberlake in Love Guru. Kung Fu Panda is worth the $9.50 I paid. The movie is very funny. Very sharp. Jack Black is very talented. I like Tenacious D's "Tribute". Oops, did I just type that?

Food - Of course, we had Panda Express after seeing Kung Fu Panda. The night before that, we had Afghan food at SalonPas. Their Borani Kadoo was excellent. I was too sleepy to note whether I liked the rest of the food.

Ice Cream - has to have its own category. After days of hankering for dark chocolate gelato, I finally had some on Sunday. Not some, actually. I had a lot. I ordered their biggest serving of dark chocolate gelato and ate all of it. Every single scoopable, scrape-able bit. Yum. The world could use more gelato. Oh, Gelato Clasico in Fremont (on Blacow and Mowry; across Market Broiler)is the best AFAIK.

Freshly-squeezed orange juice - Norman's BreakFast in Stevenson Boulevard in Fremont, California. There. Free advertising for them. There is something heavenly about freshly-squeezed orange juice when oranges are in season. Hence, the huge smile.

Sleep - Must have slept for 34 out of the 48 official weekend hours. So lucky to have Mom and Dad come over and keep the little JellyBean entertained for most of the weekend. I caught up on sleep and breathing in general.

Guitar Hero - Had all of 15 minutes to play one song: Story of my Life. Didn't even get to warm up. Needless to say(but I'm gonna say it anyway), I didn't set a new record for the guys to worry over. Ha! (Mi, this is another example of me being smug.)

Well, that's it. I spent the day of the Summer Solstice hibernating. I always knew there was something different about me.

No comments: