Jun 20, 2008

Joe's Crab Shack

Our cousins from Hawaii are here for some R&R and we met up for dinner last night. We went to Joe's Crab Shack at the Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.

I cannot believe that we haven't been there before because the food is so good. Our waiter first up told us that there was only one dungeness crab left. Of course, I snapped it up! So here, drool over my 1.5 lb herb-steamed dungeness crab with butter. Never mind the corn and potatoes. I ordered a "lot of rice" but our waiter thought I must have been kidding since he brought out this little tiny platter with about 3 tablespoons of rice. I better make myself clear next time.

The other thing that I really liked about the place was that they were generous with the rolls of paper towels and there were sunken buckets in the middle of the table for the crab shells. Makes for a neater dinner. I had crab goo all over my hands, but I didn't mind one bit. I ate every single scrap of crab meat except for that one claw that I gave to little Ethan.

We also enjoyed the crew dancing to 'Carwash' while we were eating bananas foster. It was one of those nights when I was a bottomless pit and wanted to eat more. But everyone else was done and so we walked our cousins back to the hotel and called it a night.

No comments: