May 14, 2008

Philippine Earthquake Hoax

Late last night, I received this email from my cousin:

26okieslngCT: I don't know if this true. Better be ready than sorry. But I really hope this is just a hoax.---US Geological Society predicts a 6.8 magnitude earthwake will hit philippine plate tonite. msg frm Hawaii State Emergency Preparedness Office. Pls pass.
dodz: ha? kuyawa gud....

This is ridiculous! No scientific body has ever predicted a major earthquake. Ever. But just in case, I looked up the US Geological Society website and saw no such warning. Nothing from Hawaii State Emergency Preparedness Office, either.

Whoever started this rumor is lower than dirt! Preying on people's fears like that is not nice. And yes, I wish a lot of bad things happen to this idiot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We received that hoax too, pretty mean.

Nita said...

Hay, kakatakot talaga ang earthquake. Hope walang malaking pinsala.

By the way, can you please add my blogs here? I already added you to "Bisdak Planet" link...

http://www.nitasrandomthoughts.info
http://www.nitascorner.info