Apr 2, 2008

Peanuts

This last volleyball tournament took me to Spokane, Washington. And like a lot of other volleyball tournaments in faraway places, I get to travel by myself - something that can only be intensely interesting or intensely boring. In case I get stuck in a boring flight with a non-friendly boring person, I usually grab a Clancy or Sheldon book.

Even more interesting is when I get to travel with one of the volleyball players. This year, I got to travel with Missy. I felt really bad for her at first. I thought she was probably gonna be scared to death about traveling without her team and the possibility of getting stuck in Seattle by herself for two hours. Nah! Never happened. It wasn't a big deal to her.

In fact, I learned an important lesson from her: Be nice to the flight attendants. Especially if you want extra peanuts.

No comments: