Apr 24, 2007

That Nice Guy

At 7-eleven last night, I saw one of the nicest persons ever. Kina-buotanan jud. I mean I know a lot of nice people but this person is on another level of niceness.

He was an older person, maybe in his 80's. He held out his dollar bill to the cashier and asked,"May I buy a lottery ticket, please, sir?"

The cashier looked amused and surprised. After the old man received the lottery ticket, he said,"Thank you very much, and have a wonderful evening."

You could hear the sincerity in his voice. It was just so nice. Not many people are that nice. Anywhere.

I was always taught to remember to say please and thank you. And I do, most of the time. But a lot of times, pleases and thank you's become cheap and sad to say, I have said 'please' and 'thank you' perfunctorily so many times, it's really shameful. Just saying those little things sincerely would really make someone's day, as this man at 7-eleven did yesterday.

No comments: