Apr 26, 2007

Lost. Sun.

Sun: What happens to pregnant women on this island?

Juliet: They die.

- LOST, Wednesday, April 25, 2006


Oh, boy.

After postponing a visit to the cardiologist forever, I finally had to visit him. After tests and consultations, my doctor informed me that he will be talking to my OB-GYN about a scheduled C-section.

It looks like my heart might not be able to take the strain of labor. In medical mumbo jumbo, the regurgitation caused by the prolapse is severe, and there is a mild dilation of the left atrium. My internal plumbing sucks.

Being the total chicken, I asked the doctor if I'm going to die soon. He just smiled and said no. Whew! So I'm not dying soon! That's good. I want to have a full life and there are things that I want to do before I die. Its funny how things fall into perspective when you feel really mortal.

So the big news is that we're gonna have a scheduled C-section. When exactly? That depends on my other doctor. Whenever she thinks is the best time for Jelly Bean to grace the world with his presence. In the meantime, we'll keep going one day at a time. Enjoying being with good friends, having good friends, having good food, watching TV, enjoying being with the people we love and loving people who love us back. Hah! I could just be sooo dramatic.

No comments: