Aug 17, 2006

Sleepless In Massachusetts

It's not a vacation. Far from it.

Can't sleep and watching news on the arrest of the man who reportedly killed JonBenet Ramsey. Creepy looking guy who is said to have a penchant for minors. Ew. Innocent until proven guilty, of course, but can't stop people from not liking him, ya?

Today wasn't the best day ever. I went to sleep at around 2 am, then woke up at about 4am, excited to do my first remote install of the super-duper LokBox. For some reason, soap went into my eyes when I washed my face thing morning. It sucks. My first remote install and I looked like a vampire.

The installation went pretty much okay. The ran into little bumps, nothing major except for some funny thing abou dhcp not leasing fast enough. Of course, no one expected that to happen. Luckily, someone figured it out right before midnight. Totally exhausted and hungry, we went to the only open place we could find that has food in it.

My bedside table has an empty bottle of water. Half a can of pringles, half a box of donut holes, half a carton of orange juice. They are all half-full. Me too. I want meat and rice. I want Thai food. And chocolate devotion from coldstone. At least I had some OJ. The last thing I had before that was half a roll that had veggies in it, 12 hours ago.

I don't even know if I'm lucid. I need to write. Or I'll never fall asleep. Need to sleep. Now.

Did I mention I miss my office in San Jose? The people I work with, the many, many meals we have, the ice cream breaks. I miss Darren so much. I miss Cebu and my family. I'm homesick. I want to go home. To the Bay Area. To the Philippines.

Shoot! It's almost 3am. 5 hours before going back to work. Darn it! Pulling my best effort to curl up and sleep now.

No comments: