Nov 18, 2009

Pambansang Kamao


Oops, he did it again!

It's his 50th win - and his 7th world title in 7 weight divisions. I am extremely proud. My friend Reylan wrote Seven, It Must Feel Like Heaven. For the serious boxing afficionados, here is his follow-up article on whether Pacquiao should fight Merryweather next.

Do I think he should fight Merryweather next? No. Because a lot of people say Merryweather is better than Pacquiao. But then again, that's what they said about Marquez, Hatton and Cotto -- and they all lost to Pacquiao. I felt genuinely bad for Cotto. His face was a bloody mess. It's hard to imagine the guy that was joking around and singing on Jimmy Kimmel Live is capable of disfiguring a guy bigger than him.

Part of me thinks Pacquiao has made enough money to last a lifetime and he should quit while he is ahead. However, part of me wants to go to Las Vegas next year to see him beat up Merryweather and make history. And if Merryweather turns out to be better, it won't diminish the respect I have for Manny Pacquiao.

No comments: