May 12, 2009

Supermoms

I wonder how they do it. Cook meals, have a career, raise good kids, take care of the house, the husband, the laundry, the dishes, the bills and not look like something the cat dragged around for days.

It's a matter of time management, one of these supermoms told me. How is that done? Set priorities, she said. Sounds easy. That very same day, I had 3 Priority No. 1's and they all require LOTS of time. So much for that.

How do you find time for yourself? Another supermom answered, "I don't." Wow. That's some serious superpowers right there. I'm not sure I'm unselfish enough for that. In fact, I noticed that I get really cranky thinking about the new issue of Reader's Digest that arrived in the mail two days ago and I haven't even opened it. I want to read! I love to read. My brain is going to atrophy. I need to read.

So here I am, the supermom wannabe. Obviously not managing time properly (blame insomnia for not sleeping at this hour). Tomorrow will be another one of those days when I have no desire to move and there are 30 things on my to do list and 5 are Priority 1's.

Happy Mother's Day, Supermoms. I sure don't know how you do it.

No comments: