Oct 4, 2008

Filipina Girls' Night Out

Whew! I just got home from a night out with my girl friends. We had a lot of fun at Mr. Suave. One of the advantages of hanging out with my pretty friends is the perks! Someone actually insisted on getting our tab! Haha! I had two bottles of water and two mugs of coffee (not the smartest idea) so now I can't sleep. And now I'm blogging about the whole thing.

Mr. Suave is like a little piece of the Philippines in San Jose, CA. Here, the good singers can put the American Idol winners to shame. My friends Judith and Louise are among the best singers I know. If I were half as good, I'd monopolize the whole joint! The bad singers(sadly, this is the category I fall into) can out-bad William Hung!

Almost everyone can dance really well. There is this group of rather mature ladies that rule the dance floor every time some line-dancing music is played. They even have the whole thing choreographed. Those of us brave enough to make fools of ourselves try to stumble through the whole thing and hopefully master the steps before the song ends.

And just like the Philippines, there are the harmless drunks, songs by Engelbert Humperdink, guys that look like congressmen, and lots of chicharon and pancit! There are also some things that we rarely see in the Philippines, like 40- and 50-somethings wearing revealing clothes in leopard print! This is what we'd call tiguwang igat back home. In the US, it's called Sex and the City, I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun place maybe I'll visit when I'm in California.