Jan 6, 2008

2007 Filipina Cebuana Awards


The judge being: ME!

Best Restaurant - Hiroshi in Ala Moana, Honolulu, Hawaii.
impeccable service, seriously delicious butterfish and filet mignon

Best Movie - Guru starring Abishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai
i love movies that show love of country and fellowmen. oh, and i love all the dancing in this movie.

Best New (to me) Ice Cream Flavor - Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk.
sorry, coldstone's chocolate devotion. this is my new favorite.

Best Chocolate - anything Godiva.

Best Magazine - Reader's Digest.
Still has the best content. I hope they get rid of all those thick postcard advertisement inserts with the 2-3 pages of ads. waste of space.

Best Filipino Hang Out Place - Mr. Suave.
Good old Filipino songs, food and atmosphere. I even learned the choreographed dance for the ehem, mature ladies. :D
oh address is: 475 Aldo Ave, Santa Clara, CA

Best Filipino Food - Max's of Manila
Of course, the chicken is good.

Best Beach - Hanauma Bay, Hawaii
Sorry Lupang Hinirang. I didn't get to go to one your beaches this year, so you got disqualified. Maybe for 2008?

I'm looking for nominees for Best Bisaya Blog and Best Filipina Blog for 2007. Please email me at oonamarie@gmail.com before Jan 12. Thanks!

No comments: