Jun 25, 2008

Drive Like an Idiot Day

My car was rear-ended by a truck when I was pregnant with JellyBean. Though it none of it was my fault, I was very much shaken. Since then, I have tried to be a good defensive driver. No thrill was worth endangering the life of my little guy.

This morning, on my way to work, I was happily singing along to Regine Velasquez. Up ahead, the two lanes of the street I was on merge to form the freeway entrance. So there I was, patiently waiting for my turn, merging ever so slowly. The pattern was one car from the left lane, one car from the right.

All of a sudden, this old green mini-van zoomed past me. With about 2 inches of clearance. I got startled. Why would he do that? He only stood to gain 10 feet ahead of me. Then I got mad. What if his car had hit mine? I would have been late to work and had to deal with car repairs, which I intensely dislike. Was he trying to challenge me to a race? My car can out-accelerate and out-maneuver his any given day. Wait, I don't want to do that. Gas costs too much.

So I kept an eye on that green van as it zoomed in and out of lanes and eventually merged into the carpool lane. Hah! I hoped he'd get pulled over for carpool violation AND speeding. Too bad I didn't get to see that. I had to exit the freeway and get to work. Maayu unta'g gabaan tong buanga to!

2 comments:

tweety said...

haahah.. maayo jud unta na makaba-an to cya..hahaha..Anyway thanks for dropping sa ako blog..hehehe..

Sus, mingaw naman ko Pinas oi..u take care always..

Ate Jingle

Unknown said...

yeah there are people like that who likes to drive like idiots. im still new in driving, got a little expereince on the road, not yet working so i guess i still have lots of things to learn and experience when im behind the wheels. its hard bisan mag careful ta but other people are just simply reckless.