Oct 26, 2007

Flight home

We've been planning a trip back to Cebu for the longest time. Since I got here, I have been home every six months until I got pregnant. Then I missed a second 6th-month trip since I got rehired at Lok Technology.

Granted, a trip back to Cebu every six months is very, very spoiled of me. A year of not going back is nothing for a lot of people I know. Well, I am very very homesick. I hate missing holidays in the Philippines. Fiestas, birthdays, weddings, births, deaths, and especially Christmas. Two of my uncles died within a week of each other this month. And I missed their funeral services. Failed to pay my last respects.

And now, it looks like we're not gonna go visit my family this year. The trip just seems so exorbitantly expensive. Though I looked forward to having JellyBean baptized and spending Christmas with Papa Boy and Mama Ason, and my parents and siblings and gazillion cousins, I am not keeping my hopes that much up. Disappointment is not my cup of tea.

On the other hand, I do have awesome family and friends here. It may not be with neighborhood kids screaming 'Kasadya ning Taknaa' on my front door everyday; or kwitis and bamboo cannons. I'm gonna be happy with JellyBean and Darren.

No comments: